Wednesday, June 1, 2016

(Custom Figure) Overwatch Soldier 76 Review


In a nutshell,
Paint 9/10
Articulation 9/10
Detailing 8/10
Fun Factor 9/10

Hi guys, it's been a while since I did any review! With the recent Overwatch hype, I requested a friend of mine, TSR Custom, to do a custom figure of Soldier 76 for me! Soldier 76 is my favorite character in the game, and as a toy collector I really wanted a figure of him! So here's a look at the final product!

TSR Custom actually does not know much about Overwatch, and I had to provide several reference material and also show him some of the cinematic shorts to get him hooked onto this project! The first thing that came to mind was how the Marvel Legends Modern Hawkeye looked suitable for Soldier 76, mainly because of the hair. And from there, TSR Custom and I worked out what parts we would use from Marvel Legends figures to combine together into Soldier 76!

Paint 9/10
For a custom figure, the paint job on this is really good! It cannot compare with those factory-produced Marvel Legends or S.H.Figuarts figures in terms of how sharp and crisp the design on the figure is, but for a custom figure I was really impressed! I think the part that impressed me the most was the "76" logo on the back of the figure, which looks rather well done! Unless you are scrutinizing up close, you cannot really tell that the logo was hand-painted!

Articulation 9/10
Because the figure is made of parts from various Marvel Legends figures, the articulation is pretty decent! I can get the figure to do many poses that the Soldier 76 does in game and from artwork! The articulation is pretty much same as those of the more recent Hasbro ML figures, such as Hobgoblin wave Daredevil and Hulkbuster wave Blizzard!


Detailing 8/10
Prior to making the figure, TSR Custom did tell me that it would be rather difficult to achieve 100% accuracy, especially if I wanted an articulated figure. So yes, the figure has some parts that is not accurate to the source material. However, these few deviations are quite trivial, especially when you're looking at the figure as a whole. Because the amount of accurate detailing overwhelms the few inaccurate parts, and it makes the minor inaccuracy parts forgivable. I really like the jacket part the most, and the mask is a close second. The gun, despite being made from various things (the base being Marvel Legends Hope Summers' rifle), turned out much better than anticipated!

Fun Factor 9/10
Good articulation and a great-looking figure is definitely nice to play with! TSR Custom was even able to do up interchangeable fist hands for the figure, which allows for even more ideas to come to life! I definitely had a great time posing Soldier 76 and have him beating up bad guys (using other Marvel Legends figures)!

To sum it up, I'm really pleased with this figure. It is not perfect, but TSR Custom was able to make me a soldier 76 figure that I'm thoroughly pleased with! Like all customs out there, I will not disclose the price of this figure for respect to the customiser! You can, however, check out his other works and contact him from the media links below!

Facebook
Instagram














No comments:

Post a Comment